There are several ways to make sure you are purchasing legitimate Wizards of the Coast products from authorized retailers. By supporting these stores, you are supporting and strengthening the Magic Community.
Please keep in mind these tips below to help protect your investments and our community:
- First, be sure to purchase from a reputable dealer.
- Look for booster boxes that are sealed in plastic and contain a Wizards of the Coast stamp.
- If you are buying booster packs, check to make sure the pack has not been resealed.
- Look for vertical heat striations on pack seals to be sure the packs have not been opened.
- Stores displaying the Authorized Internet Retailer logo have been approved by Wizards of the Coast to sell sealed products online in North America. (6) If a store in North America does not display this logo, they are not authorized to sell sealed product online.
- If you are making an auction purchase, make sure you read the fine print so that you know what you are getting.
- Beware of sellers offering "proxy" copies of valuable cards-these are not originals!
- Be sure to also avoid downloading "cracked" copies of our games, books, or tools. (19) These are often seeded with malware designed to infect your computer.
If you suspect the product is fraudulent, don't buy it. You can report the sale of a counterfeit product by contacting Wizards of the Coast. While we are unable to compensate you if you are a victim of one of these scams, we will use the information you provide us to help stop them.